View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #7
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman
Here is a review by Danny Gaudlen about the big drum. While Rocky Richmond was developing the Big Drum, he was hosting a BBQ forum called Rocky's BBQ Forum. Danny was a regular on that site, as was I.
That review ain't fair. When Danny says I call it that ol' time "Grandpaw smell"... when many years ago men cooked meat over hardwood coals and the smoke from the wood and the drippings from the meat fell down into the fire, creating an aroma that was unforgetable. It was a lot of work. Not saying that some folks don't do this today, but they are a dying breed. I get a real flashback. My grandfather had a home-made drum smoker in the 60's. It had about an inch of concrete in the botom to insulate the fire ring and to slow down rust. On weekends we would hang in the backyard and he would listen to baseball games on the radio, drink beer and teach us things. You could smell that cooker for two blocks, he burned oak and pecan. Barbecuing was the only time my granny didn't mind him drinking beer all day.

KCBS - CBJ
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote