View Single Post
Unread 03-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #10
fnbish
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Weber has a huge market share of the grill industry. They make great products and have customer service that rocks. I can understand a company that just crushes what they do wanting to just keep crushing it because the system works and makes them lots of money. Trying to roll out a new product line where the costs are much higher than current products can turn out to be a bust and takes a lot of planning, money and marketing.

All that being said I agree with the statement made by Kamodo Joe's president. And I have to call a little BS on Weber where they said “and while they have a small and enthusiastic following, most outdoor grilling enthusiasts find them too expensive and too complicated to use". A very large portion of their gas grills are quite expensive. Maybe not complicated to use but expensive. You can easily blow $600-$2000 and more on their gas grills.

Without statistical evidence I will say that there are lots of egg/kamado/primo/ceramic lovers out there that would love to see an offering from Weber. Hell I'd buy one and I bet many others would too. We might not see one immediately, but I'll bet they will make one.
Backwoods G2 Party & G2 Chubby
Big Green Egg XL
Weber 18.5 Kettle
"Tenacious Q" Competition Team
Follow Tenacious Q on Facebook!!
KCBS CBJ

Last edited by fnbish; 03-05-2013 at 10:12 PM..
fnbish is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->