Unread 03-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #28
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

[quote=Motley Q;2394668]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobaftt View Post
Those ribs are fine for what they are. Mass produced garbage. I would be able to tell in an instant and that would be my only trip to your crappy restaurant.[/Q

That's ok.... those restaurants do fine without you walking in the door.

The next time you're in pigeon forge.......don't order the ribs at Tony Romas....but you already knew that.

Blah blah
Most restaurants like Applebee's, Chili's, etc. can make it with offering ribs because they don't hang their hat on them. It's not their "cash cow". But you won't see their ribs carrying the joint, I can tell you that. But that's okay. The average person who goes to places like that to get their rib/bbq fix has never eaten anything else. That's all they know. And again, that's okay.

Funny you mentioned Tony Romas. They DO push their ribs as their "show hog" of the menu. What they hang their hat on so to speak. The one in our city was doing great until places like the Country Tavern and Silver Smoke House starting popping up. Then they shut their doors. Slowly but surely those who went to Tony Romas to get their BBQ fix started venturing out into places that did it a different way and liked it better. They could tell the difference and Tony Roma's going out of business proved that.

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling
Bamabuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote