Even Cook Temps Recommendation
I am looking for a cooker to do the following:
- Even cooking temperatures throughout the entire grill surface(s)
- Insulated or very low heat loss (for low fuel consumption/high efficiency)
- Portable/Patio/Backyard duty
- Outdoor durable (low rust maintenance)
- Dual smoke & grill (reverse sear) capable
- Charcoal fuel source (wood chunks for flavor)
- 7-8 rib slabs at a time
- Easy cleaning
- Easy control (perhaps provisions for BBQ Guru or like controller)
- Cost is no object
I currently have a Traeger Texas (good but no charcoal) and a Kamado Komodo (which does all of the above perfectly, but I am looking for more horizontal surface area). I have been at it for nearly 50 years, but I am not up on the latest in design technology.
I assume an offset might be the ticket for even temps, but I am open to all suggestions.
Thanks in advance.