View Single Post
Unread 03-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #17
R2Egg2Q
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneer View Post
Great work John...with your skills and taste you are going to have a heap of success with that!
If I had your skills and knowledge of Asian cooking I'd be cooking on this thing like crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke View Post
I saw that on the wokshop.com website and it looked very interesting. Thanks for the report. I need many more BTUs than I can get on my LP kitchen range top.

Tane has suggested a 32,000 BTU portable wok burner that they carry, but that looks very good too.
I never noticed the cooker on wokshop.com but I make occasional trips over to S.F. Chinatown to shop in person so I haven't looked too closely at their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realspaazz View Post
That is cool! I gave up using the wok on my glass top electric stove. Tried the side burner on my gasser, but still not enough heat. That cooker would do wonderfully. I will have to keep my eyes open for one.
I tried one wok cook on my Weber Summit side burner (only 12,000 BTUs) and it fell way short of the heat I needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodmonkey View Post
I have had my Tao for about 2 years and am eggstaticly happy with it. As you have found out they are great for steaks also. Next up tandoori chicken.
Thanks again for the inspiration on the cooker Richard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Very cool! Where did you find it, and can I ask how much it was?
I picked it up in person at The Wok Shop (wokshop.com) but this looks like the same cooker for only $30 (before shipping): http://www.templeofthai.com/cookware...6200000562.php

Woodmonkey told me about this place which has other similar cookers: http://importfood.com/dao_cooker.html

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Mini BGE, Superior Smokers SS-Two, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Imperial Kamado, UDS (Darth Maul), Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; Stoker, Rocket Red Backlit Thermapen, custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown!
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->