View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #28
On the road to being a farker

Join Date: 06-11-12
Location: Waynesville, NC

Can we get some clarification here

There is a difference between an EIN (Employer Identification Number) issued by the I.R.S., and a state tax ID number, issued by the state. Since there is no Federal Sales Tax, at least not yet, I fail to see how an EIN could be used to exempt anyone from paying a state’s Sales Tax.

An EIN is pretty simple to get from, but at least here in NC, all you have to do is fill out a form to get a “Sales Tax Number”. The stickler is that once you are issued a “Sales Tax Number” NC expects the sales tax forms/reports to be filed each month/quarter, even if no taxable sales were made.

So, is it an EIN that is required or a state Sales Tax Number (i.e. tax exempt number)
bo_gator's Carolina Mountain Que

Webber 18 1/2" WSM, Webber 22 1/2" WSM, Webber 22 1/2" OTG Kettle, Teal Thermapen

You mean Sriricha isn't one of the four basic food groups :?:
bo_gator is offline   Reply With Quote