I got the ham in the brine cure solution this evening. Here are some pics of the process.
For those not lucky enough to have snow. Here is a pic of the brine solution yesterday cooling off outside
These are some pics of the ham out of the cyrovac.
After unwrapping, it was time to remove the thick layer of fat. I didn't know how to do it so I cut out a large square then worked my way around.
The fat is mostly all removed.
Time to inject it. I injected about 10 full pumps, a lot of it along the bone.
Here is my first shot at filling the bucket. It wasn't full all the way.
Time to make another batch of cure solution.
It's full! I didn't take a pic of the 3rd batch of solution
Here it is in the fridge sitting next to the belly. I had to add another shelf to make it not bow as much. It's pretty heavy!
Here is the bag of trimmed fat that is waiting to be turned into lard.
I'm not good at words but I can take pics, when I remember. I'll keep updating as the process moves along!