View Single Post
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Unofficial Pie Recipe Thread

I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to have a pie recipe thread here. It might be a good idea to do one recipe per post so it'll be easier to dig through.

I'll start - here's a Lemon Icebox Pie recipe that I got from my aunt. If I were eating a last meal, this would absolutely be my dessert - no question.

Lemon Icebox Pie

Get a box of Graham Crackers and smash 'em up, or (better) get a box of the already smashed up Graham Crackers.

Mix crumbs with 6 TB sugar

Mix all that with 3 sticks melted butter.

Press that into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.

Brown it off in the oven - I do it at 450 - it takes around 7 minutes I think.

While it's in the oven, mix 2 cans of condensed milk with 7.5 oz. lemon juice (I always use those frozen Minute Maid ones - thawed of course).

Let the crust firm up a little, then pour the condensed milk/lemon mixture over the still hot crust. Let it cool a little. Stick it in the fridge and let it get cold. Eat.

Alright y'all - let's see those pie recipes!
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
Golden Goose Egg - Got 2 in the nest baby!
SPFP
Mayzie's keeping an eye out for you!
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->