View Single Post
Unread 02-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #8
Robert_N
Got rid of the matchlight.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks all for the great advice, I'm excited to get started on it.

rcbaughn - thanks for the tip on the The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board, I haven't heard of it before but it looks like a fantastic resource. It would be amazing if Weber customer service could help me out, but from what I understand the warranties are not transferrable, which would mean I'm out of luck as a second-hand owner (hoping that's not the case though).

DannyMac - great work on your restoration job. My little one's only 10 weeks old, so I'm going to have to tackle this one on my own. I keep hearing about how generous Weber's customer service staff is, has anyone had experience working with them on second-hand products?

Motley Q - I see what you're saying, but to be honest I purchased this thing sight unseen from craigslist based on the exterior photos (I know, I know..)
I arranged for a delivery driver to pick it up from two hours away, so I didn't even pick it up in person, and by the time it arrived, I figured it was just too much trouble to bother trying to send it back or raise it with the seller so I chalked it up as a lesson learned. Nonetheless, it's still a great grill for a great price, even if it needs a bit more work than I initially anticipated.

Stay tuned for progress photos in the coming weeks. Thanks again all!
Robert_N is offline   Reply With Quote