View Single Post
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:20 AM   #19
Fishawn
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHB View Post
I have come to the conclusion that the fatty is simply another version of a meatloaf. My wife thinks that my fatties are two dense and need lightening up such as adding breadcrumbs as in some meatloaves. If you had unpacked the meatloaves and rolled them in plastic wrap for a period I would image then cooked it would improve the flavour as 1) you can smoke all around and 2) Rub or dress all over!!
Has this any legs????
John
I won't/can't answer for all obviously, but IMO the "meatloaf" is basically ground beef..... A lot of folks add stuff to them, including me (breadcrumbs, eggs, cracker crumbs, panko, veggies, etc.) and go from that point (oven, smoker or BBQ) with the later 2 preferred for us...... IMO A Fatty is basically ground pork sausage, which is either smoked or BBQ'd alone, or is stuffed with good stuff you like (mushrooms, cooked bacon, ham, eggs, cheese, olives, onions, peppers, etc. but there are no rules in stuffing one, beside food safety) and sometimes bacon wrapped on then smoked or grilled to the correct temperature..... IMO, they are a blank canvas as long as proper cooking temps are followed.

Thanks from:--->