View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #18
Hawg Father of Seoul
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie'48 View Post
In reality, my intention was to allow re-heating of parts that had been cooked and rested so that they would comply with Rule 17 (g) and (h). These are the sections that address the proper temps that the meats should be for food safety.

If we follow the current rule, once the money muscle is parted from the rest of the butt neither piece can return to the cooker. This causes two problems right away: 1) you can't bring the rest of the butt up to pulling temp; and 2) if the MM gets cold you cannot re-heat it. And we haven't even mentioned pulling, saucing and re-heating yet.

Remember, we still have lots of time to re-word, re-work or modify any rules prior to the 2014 season . I sure wish that I had waited for the season to start before making that motion . . . at least then the the cabin fever wouldn't be so strong .
I kind of thought that "to finish cooking" and your words that I made red meant the same thing.

As far as food safety goes... shouldn't open Pandora's box.

"And we haven't even mentioned pulling, saucing and re-heating yet." (this speaks exactly to the point I was trying to make)
Hawg Father of Seoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->