View Single Post
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #12
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Short answer: I like! The ribs were flavorful and moist. I'll probably be hanging my ribs from now on. I will also finish the apparatus off so I can hang heavier meats such as butts and birds (or maybe just cook them on grates with the water pan removed.)

Couple things... I don't foil and don't sauce. I serve sauce with the ribs but a surprising number of people prefer them naked.

Here are the ribs as they came off the cooker. I like the color

After resting about half an hour I cut onto them for a closer look. Moisture was perling on the surface and the cut edges looked pretty good as well.

I forced myself to eat a bone. (Did I mention that I had a couple grilled lamb chops, grilled potatoes, carrots and zucchini and salad for dinner while these were smoking?) I really liked it. It had a nice bite and was as moist and tender as it looked in the picture. the surface of the meat is more like broiled meat than what I've come to expect from the WSM. I think the exposure to the coals does that. The only down side is that I could not taste any of my rub. I think that as the fat renders off during the cook, it washes the rub into the fire. Aside from that and the half rack that fell into the fire (and was still not a loss) this trial was a resounding success.

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->