View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
trucky9754
On the road to being a farker

Default Vending Trailer vs Competition Trailer

Howdy my fellow Brethren members. I have a question regarding trailers. I am going to be retiring in the next few months and will be taking up vending BBQ. I currently compete with my brother, Don as Pork Patrol BBQ. Don purchased an Extreme Trailer to use as a competition trailer along with some vending. The trailer I plan on purchasing will be used mostly as a vending trailer. I plan on becoming a carnie rat and travel throughout the summer vending at carnivals and fairs. My question to the group is what type of trailer do you believe would best fit my venture. I currently cook with a CookShack FEC100 and a newly purchased Rebel 28. I would like your opinions on what type of equipment I should have installed in the trailer such as vents, sinks and gas line's pre-run. All suggestions will be looked at as I am pretty new at the vending thing. I currently cater as a part-time job but haven't worked out of a vending trailer for a long time.Thanks in advance. Oh, yea, my pockets are not lined with gold, so I won't be buying a new smoker for quite a while. Thanks
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][B]Backyard Jambo Pit, [/B][/COLOR][/FONT][B]Gateway Drum Smoker[/B]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][B]Fast Eddy FEC100, [/B][/COLOR][/FONT][B][COLOR=#00b050][FONT=Verdana]Large Big Green Egg, [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Weber Gasser[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B]ATC Quest 24" BBQ Trailer[/B]
[B][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]2-Ultra-accurate Thermopen [COLOR=red]Red[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkorange]Orange[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Official MOINKER since 2010[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]KCBS Member & [/COLOR][/FONT]Certified KCBS Judge[/B]

Last edited by trucky9754; 02-21-2013 at 11:00 PM..
trucky9754 is offline   Reply With Quote