View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #15
is One Chatty Farker

Originally Posted by Noob View Post
I said 225 out of habit of saying 225-250. More realistically it hovers around 250
Are you going on a digital thermometer grate level or a lid thermometer? Texan to Texan, I never got the result I wanted until I stated cooking at 300+ if you can maintain a higher temp I highly recommend it, but try it another time you've already thought this some what out. You'll be fine taking it to the oven if you don't want to manage a fire for 12+ I don't blame ya. Wrap the brisket tight in the butcher paper and place it on a roasting rack or even a sheet pan until prob tender(like a hot knife going in butter) like GrillsGoneWild said it's going to cook quicker.

Trust me when I say this, you would rather have a over cooked brisket then under cooked, a lot of people get their brisket up in the 205* internal and they think there done they pull them and rest them and slice and it seems dry(under cooked), it is a feel thing the quicker you learn this the less money you'll spend figuring it out. Good luck brotha I'm sure you'll do fine, no mater what share it with us we love all BBQ
[B]|[/B][COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]HOOK'EM[/B][/COLOR] [B][B]UDS[/B]|[B][COLOR="DimGray"]MINI UDS[/COLOR][/B][COLOR="Black"]|22.5 WEBER PERF[/COLOR][/B][COLOR="Sienna"][B]|B&B[/B][/COLOR][COLOR="Sienna"][B]|OAK & PECAN[/B][/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"][B]|DIGIQ[/B][COLOR="Black"][B]|[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"][B]TW8060[/B][/COLOR][B]|THERMAPEN[/B] [COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]ORANGE[/B][/COLOR][B]|[/B][B][COLOR="Black"]Char[/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR="Red"]-Griller[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Black"]Akorn[/COLOR][/B][B]|[/B][URL=""][COLOR="Red"][B]Thin[/B][/COLOR][COLOR="LightBlue"] [B]Blue[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Smokery[/B][/COLOR][/URL][B]|[/B]
AustinKnight is offline   Reply With Quote