Here is what I did for the most part:
1. Give my critical testers
at the day job samples and ask for their thoughts.
2. Send sample of approved critical testers blend to a sample of Brethren.
3. After feedback from above, prepare another sample based on the feedback and head back to your critical testers for feedback.
4. Once you are are happy with the mods from your test groups, find a co-packer, sign confidential statement and send sample with recipe.
5. Receive co-packer sample of your product and decide, if right or not.
6. You may have to get 2-3 samples before you are able to get a cost estimate on how much it would be to bring your product to market (it ain't cheap).
7. Once you are ready, get a business script here at the Brethren and get busy. You will have approximately one year to decide, if you are going to be competitive.
Worked for me. Regardless, if you take this mission on or not, this message will self-destruct after you open and read it!