View Single Post
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #38
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
Incredible shotz... look like Angelos BBQ and nothing in this shot says anything but Texas Style Brisket. Who needs Kansas City BS?

Thx brotha I understand your funk I'd like to think I've picked up what you've put down your video's really are inspirational looking forward to your future UDS videos, when I drive back from Denison in March I'll remember to stop by Angelos BBq, I love to try 50yr old Q joints they seems to do it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-TX View Post
Looks great! Do you use a diffuser or go directly over the coals?
Thx brotha, no diffuser just HnF over the coals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJ View Post
Even though its not supposed to be a judging criteria in KCBS you hear all kinds of talk about it. AND in IBCA, Texas folks always say "Nice Smoke Ring" like first thing.

So, when using my UDS's, I went to Cherry Chunks for Brisket. Give it a shot, you'll see more of a ring.

I was at a comp with my family and some other comp folks all loving the brisket and some keith stone drunk came up to my tent and was just doggin me about my faint smoke ring he was appalled or something he wouldn't even try it, his women was just as bad. You know on pitmaster when that drunk goes poking at Johnny Trigg, I got like Johnny shortly after him ramballing. They seem to think a 1/4 smoke ring really makes a difference, I remember having a better ring using cherry when I first started doing briskets I think you just made me come full circle THx brotha

Last edited by AustinKnight; 02-18-2013 at 11:53 PM..
AustinKnight is offline   Reply With Quote