first real smoke with the new OK Joe
Since a few of you guys were nice enough to give me a few pointers on my new offset, I thought I would let you know how it went yesterday.
It was just the wife and me so all I did was one slab of baby backs. The reason its cut in half is becuase when I bought it, it was 3 in a pack. And at the time I had a small vertical wattburner and I have to cut them to fit, so I cut and froze them
Anyway, I thought it went real well. It was about 25f out when I started and then it started snowing. I was able to keep my target temp of 250f without any trouble at all. I did not have a lot of splits available to I used a combo of lump and splits for the cook.
Did not take long to figure out that about every 45 mins a small split and a handful of lump would keep the cooker happy.
Here are a few pics. Thanks everyone for your help getting me off on the right foot!
Last edited by ButtBurner; 07-23-2015 at 07:21 AM..