View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #12
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Phil, would it be safe to set it on a concrete surface do you think?

On edit, or any of you other guys that have one. I just know Phil knows stress tolerances.
Here's my take on this. When I first got the spice wine I was cooking in front of the house, and I with a chimney on the sidewalk. I left it there for 5 or 10 minutes to get hot, it was a full chimney. While inside the trailer prepping the meat I heard a loud explosion and looked up just in time to see the chimney launch off the sidewalk and all the coals inside it fly all over the street and lawn. There was a divit on the sidewalk the width of the chimney and about an inch deep. It seems the heat coming out of the bottom of the chimney cause this concrete to react. Now granted that I doubt the bottom of a PBC or UDS gets as hot as the bottom of a chimney but I don't know for sure where the line is that would cause the concrete to react like that. Im pretty sure that the entire escapade is documented here in the forum and someone, I believe it was Mark came up with a reasonable explanation. With that being said I think I'm going to get a pizza stone or something along those lines to put under the PBC. For the most part it will be left in my pit area which has a pea stone base which would be ok, but right now until the snow melts its right outside my door on the deck. The Green Egg plate setter worked perfectly but I prefer to have that inside the egg instead of sitting on the floor on the deck. A pizza stone is a cheap alternative.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->