Originally Posted by GrillsGoneWild
So let me get this straight.
1. The set up was easy.
2. Getting the coals lit and meat put on was easy.
3. You got to monitor your temps without openign the lid - Easy.
4. You knew when to wrap/place on grate - Easy.
5. You knew when it was doen because it probed nicely - Easy.
6. You had a shorter time than normal for cooker a whole packer - Easy.
7. You got a good brisket out of it - Easy.
So now you want to start adjusting things....why???? Sometime we over think things to make them the way "it should be". Go with the flow of the cooker as long as it is putting out good Q.
Just looking for a more consistent temp throughout the cook, if you followed the temps in the OP, you'll notice my temps were running wild, from 220's on up near 500. Most of the reviews for the PBC were saying that temps ran pretty consistently in the 275-290 range, and that was not my experience.
Weber Performer with rotisserie ring, 22.5OTS, Maverick 732, Weber Smokey Joe,PBC Smokenator/Hoovergrill, variety of microbrews, Gin and tonic, variety of lighters.