View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowen View Post
I would not mind seeing that Chiplote Cole Slaw recipe - that sounds interesting.
+1 Would love to see some recipes for lo-carb/no carb dishes. May I suggest that this thread be used for posting any such discussion or recipes? As time goes on, and if there is sufficient interest, this thread may be "stickied" by the mods, as opposed to opening another section etc. Folks interested in other special diets can do something similar. Keeping it all in one thread (like the UDS thread) will keep it simple for everyone.

I'm on a lo-carb diet (diabetic), but I haven't had the need to eliminate all carbs - I'm just careful about the ones I really want. I watch and weigh food portions carefully and it seems to work well.

Has anyone used the myfitnesspal app? My wife and I found it to be very helpful, to count calories, carbs, etc. A cool feature is that you can input your own recipes and it can give you the nutritional facts for your recipes. It helped us determine how much of a given item (mac n cheese, cake, pie, etc) was reasonable to eat. Disclaimer: I don't own any stock in or have any affiliation with myfitnesspal
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->