View Single Post
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
shucker
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Do I Really NEED another smoker?

Ok, so a co-worker of mine got a Traeger Lil Tex Elite for Father's Day last year and has used it twice. He knows Im into cooking and offered to sell it to me for $250 which is a heck of a deal. I have looked at it and its in brand new shape.

I already have 2 bge's a large and a medium. I also have a 22 and 18 weber kettle along with a MES. I have gotten pretty comfortable with the egg, and use those 90% of the time. I use the MES for set it and forget it meals.

Hence the question - do I really NEED this smoker? I've always been intrigued by the pellet burners but I also know that I can do anything I want with what Ive got. Im very tempted. Should I just use the money to buy myself a Cyber Q which would allow my egg to be a set it and forget it cooker?

I dont want to buy this thing and not use it. But I dont want to not buy it and regret it for a while until I force myself to buy one which would most likely cost more. Sure, I could resell for a small profit, but that wouldnt look too good in my buddy's eyes.

Im torn and need you guys (I already know the wife's answer) to help me feel good about my decision - whatever it might be.
shucker is offline   Reply With Quote