View Single Post
Unread 02-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #32
jmoney7269
Banned

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
You'd better watch for those PBC's at a comp. Someone with one could just beat ya at chicken at the very least.....or maybe even a few other categories too!
Bob

Back to the topic!
When that day happens, that team is more than welcome to come tell me "I told ya so" and I will just laugh and offer them a beer. I dont expect it to be anytime soon BTW! And even if it does, I done had my arse whooped up and down the cookoff scene, wouldnt be any different to me, it happens to everyone. Heck RangerJ smoked us in ribs at a comp once in Columbus,tx of nearly 40 teams and with the very exact same recipe and glaze we took a 1st out of 108. I have always said that a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, and its likely to happen at a comp. Now as far as my fancy pits, I earned those through hard work, trial and error, failed cooks and never asked a single person for help, Because I did the research, I paid for the meat on the failed cooks and at the end of the day, still had a ice cold miller in my hand. I'm not in any manner hating on any newbie for experimenting with a new brand, cook method etc. I will gladly help anyone with any BBQ related problem they are having, I answer a bunch of emails every day. I just have a problem with people endorsing the new kid on the block when it ain't proven itself yet just because they got a freebie

Last edited by jmoney7269; 02-10-2013 at 12:40 AM..
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote