View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy j View Post
that is awesome! thank you for posting. what is that pan under the grate?
That's a new water pan on it's first smoke. Two previous large SS water bowls I got at a local pet shop developed leaks so I ordered this "heavy duty" one of Amazon. I hope it lasts a little longer.

Here are some more pictures of my build.

While it was still clean and relatively unused. You can see where the screws are that hold the water pan brackets.

Here's an upside down can over the holes in the bottom to keep ash from blocking the holes on long smokes.

Charcoal ring sitting on the charcoal grate.

Crappy picture of the brackets that support the water bowl. They're angle brackets mounted as low in the pot as I could go. The ends that protrude in are bent up - probably about 1/2" to provide the right diameter for the water bowl. The grate sits on the top edge of these brackets since it is a snug fit inside the cooker. Stacking height is pretty tight at the bottom of the cooker. With a full load of charcoal, the bowl actually sits on top of it until it burns down a bit. The bottom grate is less than an inch above the bowl.

Edit: I took them off when the probe read 160 and they were bleeding on the plate. They went back on and came off - done this time - at 169 after 2:10 on the cooker.

One of the things I love about my mini-WSM is that there is no smoke too small to be worth firing it up.

Last edited by HankB; 02-08-2013 at 01:37 PM..
HankB is offline   Reply With Quote