View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #35
John Bowen
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Were your friends from Swina? I was at that comp, and you can see my vehicle on the Pitmasters episode. The funny thing about it was that when he was cutting his ribs for turn-in, there was a crowd of ppl around his EZ-Up, I'd guess 45 or more, and he was just going along. On my way back from turning in my ribs, while he was still cutting, I jawed with him briefly about it being a free class. I saw him again at a different comp and asked Trish why they didn't bring sidewalls to keep out the crowds, and she said they took up too much space. To be fair, I learned at my next comp that even sidewalls don't keep out persistent annoyances:(

When he was cutting his ribs I was the one holding the cord of his electric knife out of the way – wearing a light blue shirt and a ball cap. I have seen Johnny Trigg hire a security guard at some comps – he did at Jack Dainels this past year.

I know some of the guys from Swina but they are more of a Memphis team and they are a large group – a couple from Tupelo cook with them.

Are you coming back to Tupelo this year???? It is going to be big and we are cooking in it.
John Bowen is online now   Reply With Quote