View Single Post
Unread 02-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Nutz View Post
I'm already at 300, love that about the drum. My diffuser is one third way down from the top not close enough to the fire I'm guessing. It's on a third rack. I can't put it closer without drilling a hole in the center to slide over my rerod basket handle that sticks straight up from the center of my basket. I've thought about doing that then and putting some kind of adjustable stop below it so I can adjust the height to see what difference it made. Can you tell I've got a little engineer in me

Bludawg, maybe I'm not cooking hot enough without the diffuser on my normal cooks. Usually I cook at 250 just below the grate with a 6 inch thermometer, so yea 300 or so in the middle and it takes 4 hours. Mine turn out with a tough crust that can come off in chunks when you bite or cut it. That and the burnt grease flavor is why I'm trying the diffuser. Btw I've used some of your stuff too from here and it has been excellent. Thanks for responding.
Lower the sugar content of your rub and use less of it! If you cant see the meat in detail through it you are using to much. Less is more.