View Single Post
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #10
BayoustateBBQ
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Some hogs can taste bad some not. alot of it is how it is field dressed and what they eat. Down here we have alot of oil wells and hogs from those areas sometimes just taste nasty. When field dressing if you get a male cut his balls off first thing. Alot of our hogs feed off our dear feeders and we have alot of food plots around here so people are more than happy for us to trap them. I build hog traps as a side job. The hog I did last night was more tender than regular pork believe it or not and you would not have known any different if I didn't tell you it was wild. People ate it and said it tasted better than regular pork.

Alot of how a hog tastes is how it is taken too. if you are running them with dogs you have all that adrenaline tainting the meat. Hog meat tasting bad unfortunantly is just people not doing things right. Restuarants pay top dollar for it down here because it is good tasting meat
[SIZE=3][B][COLOR=DarkRed][I]"[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Black]R[/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkRed][I][COLOR=Black][FONT=Trebuchet MS]eal men like their Pork[/FONT] [/COLOR]Pulled"[/I][/COLOR][/B] [/SIZE]:peace:
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153581"]How to smoke a 14 lb tender brisket in 4 hours![/URL][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
BayoustateBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->