View Single Post
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #42
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbassman5 View Post
In the sense of BBQing this is insulating.

Not to say powder coat isn't used to insulate it.

On the flip of the coin too, can you prove that its the powder coat that insulates it and makes the temps so rock steady?? That is what you originally posted was it not? I simply gave you feedback saying, and sorry for not clarifying that it was my opinion and not fact, that in the sense of BBQing, powder coat may not be insulating the PBC, or since you corrected me, may not be doing it well. I was saying that there are other factors to consider whether they be factually supportable or not. That is the jist of what I was trying to get at. I guess I failed.
When all else is equal except for the size of the drum and a powder coating, it doesnt take a genius to put two and two together, especially when we know for a fact powder coating provides insulation. I am not assuming the gauge of the steel and coming to conclusions, do you see where im going with this?

Ive derailed this thread enough, we can agree to disagree about the insulating properties of powder coating. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote