My big question is what is the best way to make a gasket for the door?
- Clean the metal down to bare steel along the inside inside edge of the door and the corresponding edge of the smoke chamber where they're supposed to meet and close together.
- Wipe the bare steel off with alcohol
- Place a thick bead of silicon around what you just cleaned off on the smoke chamber and let it sit a few minutes to develop a little surface skin.
- Place a thick coat of Crisco or Vaseline on the edge of the door.
- Shut the door tightly and leave it alone untill the silicone has totally cured, like overnight.
For an even better seal, get yourself enough fiberglass rope to put into the silicone and go back to the previous step