View Single Post
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #29
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Smoke View Post
Thanks for the response. I am having a real Hard time trying to understand the difference between the UDS and the PBC??? It just seems the only difference is the name. Matter of fact, understanding air flow, and exhaust there is very little difference between the two.
Couldn't agree with you more. I don't get why there is a flurry of PBC threads either.

I guess it is a standardized cooker that appeals to folks who are unable to build a UDS for whatever reason? I find it hard to imagine that cost is one of those reasons though. A UDS can be built pretty cheaply, definitely less than $225, unless you are going for an SS drum or fancy graphics.

Folks who built a drum would probably find it easy enough to add some holes, rebar, and hooks to find out if the hanging meat really cooks differently from the usual lay-it-on-the-grate method.

Oh well, maybe I'll learn something new.
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote