View Single Post
Unread 02-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #20
Ron_L

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

The thighs took 1 hour 15 minutes to 175 internal. The had a nice smoky flavor and were very juicy.

The breasts also took 1 hour 15 minutes to 160 internal. These were big breasts. They were also very juicy.

The fatties went two hours to 175 internal...

Overall I was impressed with the PBC. After I took the chicken halves off I checked the temp again and it was running at 330 degrees. It was still at 330 after the breasts and fatties came off. That was a total of 4 1/2 hours at that point and there was still fuel left.

I ran hotter that anticipated but that is probably sue to the hardwood charcoal vs. Kingsford briquettes. I may adjust the intake to cool it down and continue to use the Rancher, but I may buy a bag of Kingsford Blue to try (shudder).

If I have one complaint it is that there is no way to shut it down. You have to let the fire burn out or deal with dumping live fire out of it. At home that's not a big deal except it's burning more fuel, but if I wanted to use it at a comp I would have to dump the fire in order to cool it off to pack up.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->