I have the 22.5 WSM and the Onyx. I like both, but I would take the Onyx hands down over the WSM. Here are my reasons:
1. 7lbs. of charcoal will last you 15+ hours at 250 degrees. ( I have gotten 19 hours).
2. You can shut off the smoke and turn the Onyx into a oven.
3. Three sheves are accessible without moving racks.
4. The Onyx has a door versus a lid.
5. Wind is not going to impact the Onyx like it will the WSM.
Those are my thoughts (unpopular as most will find them).
Peace and Smoke,
Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous
My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers and Grizzly Coolers
"Walk with Us"