View Single Post
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:23 PM   #114
flyingbassman5
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigdog View Post
Why does nobody want to answer the question concerning fat on the coals? Lot's of people don't like this, is it better on the pbc vs the uds and why?
All depends on your tastes. I loved cooking indirect on my offset and still cook my competition ribs indirect on my Coleman bullet with a water pan. It keeps my recipe and rib taste consistent with what it was when cooked on my offset. On my UDS with no diffuser or pan, they do have a bit of a different flavor but not one that I don't like. It just depends on what you like. As far as it being better or worse on the PBC, its honestly the same. Again though, different tongues; different tastes. Some people may buy the PBC (or even a UDS) and hate it because of the fat drippings. Others will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
I debated starting a new thread on this, but I'll try here first...

I know that Noah says that he presets the PBC for Kingsford Blue, but I don't have any and really don't want to buy any since I still have half a pallet of Rancher hardwood briquettes. Has anyone tried other briquettes besides Kingsford Blue?
I use Stubb's exclusively and have had great results in mine. Still stays in that 275-325.