View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
Knows what a fatty is.
Join Date: 12-07-11
Location: Newburgh, NY

First and foremost, do your research. Call the Dept of Health and see what their requirements are. Do you need to be serv-safe certified in your area? In my opinion that was the biggest hurdle we faced, the Dept of Health requirements and stipulations. . No longer can you prepare items in your home, if you are going to be licensed you best secure a commercial kitchen or commissary license. Contact your insurance company and start getting qoutes for business insurance, workers comp, disability and commercial auto. A personal auto policy will not cover you if you are traveling for an event and get into an accident. I have had no issues with the IRS and setting up the legal entity just takes time and money. You can save yourself a lot but doing it yourself or using a service like legalzoom.
erandolph is offline   Reply With Quote