View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #8
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinKnight View Post
What your made a retort the pie looks good brotha! My babycakes loves margherita pies, I farkin love pies in my Akorn I'm sure they taste as awesome on a Egg too. Speaking of cheap I got two 14" round cast iron flat top/griddle from Academy 12 buck a pop, I use one as a diffuser the other as the pan. I've been sprinkling cornmeal on foil and building my pies on the foil and then picking the foil up an placing it on the cast iron, makes it easy to pick up when done.
Making pizza is much more time efficient on the egg than in my homebrewed WFO. I saw those CI griddles at Academy the other day and wondered about using it as a diffuser. I already had the clay saucer for my drum, but I might just pick one of those up. Do you buy your lump there too? I've been using B&B oak and it seems to work pretty darn good. Got a couple of bags with small pieces from a smaller hardware store, but the ones from Academy have nice big chunks of lump - especially if you pick up bags still on the pallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubfromGA View Post
Academy does have great prices on CI goods. ^^^^^^^^^^
Academy has great prices on lotsa stuff! Usually buy bbq supplies there because their prices are so good. My go-to place for lump charcoal.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote