View Single Post
Unread 01-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #48
flyingbassman5
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
For those of you that have one, the four holes are the exhaust. Do you feel they are adequate? In other words, can they keep up with the draw from the intake?
We've seen what poor intake and exhaust can do on any type pit if not balanced correctly.
I find that the exhaust does a nice job of keeping the temp regulated. The rebar really does cut down the air flow to a point that keeps the grease dripping onto the fire from flaring up. Just like any UDS though, as soon as you take that lid off and oxygen surges in, flare ups start within 10 seconds or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
Please prove me wrong but it doesnt hold enough fuel to smoke a brisket. Sure you can add but why? It looks to me as it would make a nice grille.
On a full load of Kindle briquettes (off brand made by RO) mine went a usable 10 hours. After that the temp dropped below ~210 at the rebar. That only happened once so far and on average it will run about 8 to 9 hours normally.

I will admit though, I would never do a brisket on my PBC. If I was going to do one I would use the UDS. Just my personal preference and I wouldn't want to cook a brisket that fast anyhow. I'd go low n' slow for sure.

Last edited by flyingbassman5; 01-29-2013 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: grammar
flyingbassman5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->