View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #47
Big Dan
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Drinker View Post
You know one thing about this Flat, is although I wasn't as happy with it as other ones I've done, It had nice bark on it and killer burnt edges, I think I'll start doing brethren searches for threads about hot and fast. The boys are still talking about it. Maybe there's some research to be done, from a cook that I didn't think had went well.
Be careful with the Hot and Fast, it takes practice and lots of attention. I happen to be one of the lucky ones who live very close to the Texas BBQ heavens, and many of them cook hot and fast. Kreuz will get a 15 pound beef shoulder clod done in 6 hours, but they (Roy Perez) are experts at it. To learn about the subject, I would look for books about Texas BBQ.
Good Q is just that,Good Q. Educated folk know what it is and the sheep just go where they are told. An Example: City Market in Luling, Texas. They have a name that has been built up over a long period of time. The place is usually packed. But you won't find BBQ afficianados going there anymore, simply because the product is no good anymore. Why? Because they fire up a Southern Pride GAS smoker to up production. They don't care about the end product any more, they care about the dollar, and it shows. I went there to investigate a few weeks back and I swear I will never go back. It tasted like dog****! But the crowds were there.The sheep do not know the difference. Most are just tourists and are told that it is good BBQ so they eat there and they think that is what it is supposed to be, not knowing that they have been taken by fraud because it is no longer Pit BBQ.
For the latest in Texas Hill country BBQ, Dan Vaughn's site:http://fcg-bbq.blogspot.com/
Big Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->