View Single Post
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #33
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkissell View Post
After reading all of the back and forth regarding the Pit Barrel Cooker I thought I'd throw out my two cents.

I went ahead and ordered one to add some additional smoking capacity to my back deck, and the $104 off coupon code sealed the deal. The cooker arrived a few days ago (4 days after ordering), and it is a quality product. Well made, well packaged, and easy to set up.

For my fist cook I prepared Tri Tip. It was very good. Not the best I've ever made, but very tasty.

Last night I cooked two chicken halves and it was the best chicken I've ever made. Very tender, juicy and flavorful.

This weekend will be ribs (with pron).

I realize that this cooker isn't for everyone, but it definitely fills a niche in my backyard.

It's very simple to use and so far my results have been great. For me it will be my go-to chicken cooker, and for that alone it was worth the investment.

Hi, do you have any photos of the chicken? Like, how you hung it in the pit? Also, how did you prep the chicken? What spice did you use, oil, etc?

I'm gonna do some PBC chicken soon and would like to know more about how you did it.

Thank you.