View Single Post
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #18
flyingbassman5
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
So 275 was with the vent left at the manufacture's setting? By chance did you open it up a bit more to see if it would get hotter? I'm sure it would. As for ambient temp, that's a big factor too.

Here's another situation that crossed my mind. I'm not a Q Comp person. I grill/smoke for friends, neighbors, and my family. Being that chicken is that one category that gives Comp folks the fits, anyone here have a PBS that could justify, etc using in a Comp?

I closely read Patio's write up on his blog about the PBC. From the packaging to the the overall attention to detail that I could get from the pics, it looks to be worth the money. Course, pics are one thing. I'd really like to hear more about the performance and quality from those of you that have purchased one.
Yes that was with it set from the factory. I didn't mess with it, though next time I might close it off just a tad especially when it gets warmer. I don't mind cooking above 300 but would rather be under it.

As far as comps go, I haven't done any with it yet but I think that the higher temp will be a nice advantage in cooking up halves. Though for comps, I usually do thighs on my old coleman but at the next one (whenever that is) I will try out halves on the PBC. So far any chicken I have done on the PBC has turned out awesome and would be worthy for a comp box in my eyes.

Quality wise, its a tank. It is just has durable as any well built UDS and the powder coat is a nice touch. The horseshoe handles do in fact stay cool like they are supposed to. Performance is solid and it takes little effort to run this thing, even out of the box.

Thanks from:--->