View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #13
On the road to being a farker

I received mine about 10 days ago. I have only cooked on it once and that was 4 chicken halves. Mine settled in at 255-260 with the preset intake. After I had taken the chicken off the pit I opened the intake maybe 1/4". About 15 minutes later the temp was 275. I didn't do any more testing than that.
I am pretty much at sea level since I am only 15 miles from Gulf coast and the temp outside that day was around 70 degrees. The last sentence is only for those that think that info is pertinent.
Chicken was moist and juicy. I used the rub they sent with the pit and I glazed the chicken with Texas Pepper Jelly rib candy pineapple habanero mixed with Blues hog Tennesse red sauce. I liked the construction and quality of the pit. I did miss having a temp gauge on it but using my Maverick worked just fine. I plan on cooking some ribs on it next to see about hanging meat closer to charcoal basket and seeing if it works like others have said.
Weber 22.5 WSM (2) UDS, Chargriller Acorn, Pit Barrel Cooker, Pitmaker Vault, Safe and Sniper on Trailer
hcj3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->