View Single Post
Unread 01-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
BobBrisket

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkissell View Post
After reading all of the back and forth regarding the Pit Barrel Cooker I thought I'd throw out my two cents.

I went ahead and ordered one to add some additional smoking capacity to my back deck, and the $104 off coupon code sealed the deal. The cooker arrived a few days ago (4 days after ordering), and it is a quality product. Well made, well packaged, and easy to set up.

For my fist cook I prepared Tri Tip. It was very good. Not the best I've ever made, but very tasty.

Last night I cooked two chicken halves and it was the best chicken I've ever made. Very tender, juicy and flavorful.

This weekend will be ribs (with pron).

I realize that this cooker isn't for everyone, but it definitely fills a niche in my backyard.

It's very simple to use and so far my results have been great. For me it will be my go-to chicken cooker, and for that alone it was worth the investment.
Can you elaborate on this a bit more. I know you can cook pretty much anything on it, but I've seen how people produce some great chicken with it. How would you compare the results you got on the chicken between the PBC and your other smoker?

Bob
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote