View Single Post
Unread 01-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #27
Enkidu
Take a breath!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kds9547 View Post
Maybe your friends just didn't want to hurt your feelings.
While I don't doubt that his friends wouldn't want to hurt his feelings, I doubt that is why he enjoyed the BBQ a lot less than they did. My best friend does a lot of BBQ too and whenever he cooks, I seem to enjoy whatever he cooks more than he does, just like whenever I cook, he enjoys it more than me. And we aren't just being nice to one another.

I think that a combination of being a perfectionist about one's own cooking as well as being surrounded by smoke during the cook is what makes us enjoy our own BBQ less than others do, even among people who know good BBQ. Another factor, depending on how long the cook was and how sleep deprived you may be, is that you might just be too tired to fully enjoy what you've cooked. One of the things I have noticed is that I tend to like my own BBQ more the day after it is cooked, even though I know it isn't as good. By then, I am fully rested, have gotten more of the smell of smoke out of myself and my clothes, and haven't been obsessed with tending to a large hunk of meat for many hours (and I've probably had fewer beers in my system too).

Thanks from:--->