View Single Post
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #27
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankB View Post
Looks good! (Yeah, you do not want to keep a pregnant woman waiting! Been there, tried not to do that!)

How did the lid thermometer compare with readings form the ET-732?

i'm glad you asked that quesion. the few times ive cooked on this new OTG(ive had lots of cooks on the older model without a dome thermometer) i think the dome thermometer has been reading high because of its postion relative to where my coals are. when i have my kettle set up like this:

i alternate my exhaust being at the head and foot of the bird to make sure it cooks evenly. when doing that the dome thermometer always ends up right above the coals so it reads higher than the temp the food is getting. when i only have coals on one side i put my exhaust opposite of the coals and the problem isnt quite as bad. here is a pic of where the thermometer is on the lid so you can see what i mean.

now the short answer, i'm pretty sure it was gonna read higher so i didnt pay much attention to it, although i was excited to have it on the OTG. i did, however look a few times and it was reading 30-40 degrees higher than my maverick that was right near the food.

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->