View Single Post
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
I use both types and those in between all the time. I love my Japanese knives, they seem to sing in my hands when I cut with them. But, my Dexter-Russels get used all the time as well, as do my Wusthofs, and some old Solingen knives I inherited from my mom.

I work with a triple stone as well, but, will probably buy a new Japanese composite stone soon. I want a finer stone than my Arkansas stones. I do not like the idea of putting any edge through one of those sharpening devices, other than my cheap EDC pocket knife. Surely, I would never put one of my Japanese knives through one, or any electric sharpener, it would destroy the edge of the blade.
I understand exactly what you are saying. This has been my approach for years. I am reconsidering it right now. The AccuSharp shouldn't be easily dismissed from what I can see so far. Both Victorinox knives and the AccuSharp are top rated by Cook's Illustrated which I know is not everyone's cup of tea; however, I find them to be mostly dependable when it comes to equipment recommendations.

The low cost of both products make a compelling case for re-evaluation to my way of thinking.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle

Last edited by HeSmellsLikeSmoke; 01-26-2013 at 02:01 PM..
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote