View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #18
Mo-Dave
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshizzle View Post
These collards shouldn't be so tasty! I had to do a late lunch today. So, I poked around the pantry to see what I had and spotted this can of collard greens. I've been watching my diet lately so I thought I'd go for them but I decided to gussy them up a little.

I added about 1 1/2 tsp of bacon fat to a saucepan, added about 1/2 of a chopped medium sized onion along with a pinch of granulated garlic, a pinch of salt, and about 1/2 tsp of black pepper. I let the onions cook for a little while and then added the can of collards.

When everything was hot, I put some in a bowl and gave it a splash of Texas Pete. Wow, these things were surprisingly good!

I like to do this with just about any greens, mustard, turnip, collards, spinach, poulk or lambs quarter we pick in the summer. Sometimes if I think of it I cut up a turnip into small cubes and toss them in or parsnips. Have not tried the pete sauce but that sounds good and so does the shak sauce witch I happen to have. I usually use cider vinegar on all of them. Almost forgot I like to go with, fried potatoes, pan fried liver and onions.
Dave
Bbq toolbox, formerly Chargrill smoker
My wife has gas, its a Brinkman.
Mo-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->