View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #19
Full Fledged Farker

Originally Posted by BigBellyBBQ View Post
I do not know the details, however how would you cook 10 or 20 pork butts to feed a cattering party?? Or, 20 racks of ribs?? If you want to go to the next level, I dont want to sound rude, but you need to be at the first level..Think about feeding a party of 1oo, 2 meats and two will need cambros, smoker area..going to be very hard working out of a rented you have cooler space? HD will look at that also..
I am not sure that with only two WSM's you can cook enough to make any money. ServSafe, Insurance, cambro's, chafers, tables, table cloth's, spices, rubs, sauces, time management for shopping, cooking, serving and cleaning up after, accounting, wood, charcoal, propane, gas and time for picking up product as well as going to venue and the most important thing is marketing. Website, Adwords, SEO all cost money and have to be calculated in your costs. Before you do anything, sit down and write a business plan, there is a reason most small businesses go out of business and BBQ is one of the worst because people who think they cook great BBQ figure they can make a buck but don't have any business experience, don't know how to read a financial statement and don't know anything about marketing. Local junior colleges usually have classes at night where you can learn how to run a business.
PorkQPine is offline   Reply With Quote