View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #27
5string
Take a breath!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezmatt View Post
San Francisco has a wide range of food options for a Super Bowl party. Probably the best known, as mentioned above, would involve crab and sourdough. Crab melts on sliced sourdough are a standard dish. Or crab cioppino with crusty sourdough for dipping. You could also go more ethnic with Mission-style burritos, or Vietnamese banh mi from Little Saigon (in the Tenderloin). We've also got a huge Italian population, so you could go with deli sandwiches (again on sourdough) using any of the many Italian cold-cuts made here (Molinari, Gallo, and Colombus are three traditional local companies for salami, sausage, etc). There's also a million and one Chinese dishes you can make. (I think it was Landarc who put up a char sui recipe this summer that was great.)
If you're more BBQ focused, you can stick with the California staple of tri-tip. Serve it on sourdough bread, and you're in business.
I think you're gonna want to have some SF dishes on your menu, because the Niners are going to CRUSH the Ravens.
GO NINERS!
Oh man, I would seriously kill for an authentic Mission Burrito ( I'm a peninsula native)
Ooh, chuckies on sale at food lion, got the rest, menu addition coming up...

Last edited by 5string; 01-22-2013 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: Misspelled
5string is online now   Reply With Quote