View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #120
Got Wood.

Originally Posted by Goddahavit View Post
How is everyone here getting the andriod connected to the cyberq?
Is everyone running in infrastructure mode with a router?

I have a galaxy s3 and I like the app, thinking of getting a cyberq but have heard the android doesn't do ad hoch??
Originally Posted by Hook'n Bull View Post
Android will not ad hoc with the CyberQ. You connect to the CyberQ and the app thru infrasfructure. It's really no big deal and easy to do.
Absolutely correct, must get to infrastructure mode for it to work. I use PitPal (Pro, c'mon it's a great little app and only $2!!) with my CyberQ and it's a great combo. I'm running a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Android 4.2.1 without any troublle.

I know infrastructure mode can be a pain, shame there's not a WPA button on the CyberQ. I'm a computer geek so I have a bit of an advantage getting things setup but the biggest thing folks tend to miss is on the security side of things. Your WPA key (you're running WPA right, cause WEP is a waste of time..) is absolutely case sensitive so make sure you have the correct spelling. Lots of folks call the WPA key the password and I think the CyberQ calls it a passphrase. Get into the control panel of your router before you start messing around with the CyberQ and make sure you have your wireless security info copied down into Notepad or something so you have it for access when you change the CyberQ. Also do not be worried if when it boots up the CyberQ says no IP address, it will connect a few moments later.
TheKomoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->