View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Have you ever thought about putting some boneless chicken thighs marinated in tandoori paste and cooking on skewers in your tandoor? That might be a tasty twist.
You're right, and I might try that next time. Some dishes call for a small steel bowl to be placed in the pot, into which goes a lit piece of charcoal. You then pour a spoonful of ghee on the charcoal and seal up the pot quickly with dough. The ghee sizzles on the charcoal, introducing a smoky flavor into the dish.

Have you had chicken tikka masala before? It was invented in England when a balti joint customer pi$$ed off the cook by saying the tandoori chicken was too dry. The cook took the chicken, added a can of tomato soup, some spices and voila - chicken tikka masala was born. At least that's how the story goes.

I think the char and smokiness of grilled chicken would taste really good in this dish, so I'll defintiely give it a whirl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
You sure do it up right, nice cook. Tell me that's not all you ate
I did eat more than that... that was just a tasting portion!
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote