View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #11
aawa
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

If you use the kettle you will want to put the cheese on the other side of the kettle from the heat source. Also you will want to keep the exhaust vent above the fire as opposed to above the cheese to help keep the temps down. Fellow brethren JMSeltzer has a youtube channel ManCaveMeals where he uses the A-Maze-N Tube smoker and his kettle. He shows some tricks with the kettle on how to keep temperatures down with the placement of bricks and such as well as cracking the lid and exhaust placement. I would give that a watch to get the pointers for cold smoking on the kettle.

I dont cut the cheese up whenever I smoke. I just buy the blocks of cheese they sell at the grocery store, unpackage them and then put them in the smoker.

With the container that you have, I would suggest doing a test run without cheese to see how easy it is to keep temperatures below 75 degrees and how long it will burn for.