View Single Post
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #12
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHB View Post
Ah the flavours of Thailand! Tuna looks great. I love it when you can get the balance of flavours correct in Thai cooking - that is a balance of sweet, sour, spices & hot! I didn't notice any sugar in your ingredients. Also did you use the roots of the cilantro?
I am holidaying in Khao Lak in Thailand and I am enjoying their street food.
John
I'm so jealous. I thought India had great streetfood until we went to Thailand. The flavors were just absolutely amazing. And you're right - its the balance of flavors that
blew us away. Forgot to mention the sugar as you pointed out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfinger View Post
Looks awesome!!!
I always buy the tuna and eat it raw with white rice and wasabi!!

Just love it raw!!!
Never tried that with the Costco Ahi. Will have to give it a go sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubfromGA View Post
Looks great.

Excellent meal, there!

I love Dizzy Pig rubs.
To be honest, the dipping sauce made the rub unnecessary. I may leave the rub out next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treytexag View Post
That ahi looks outstanding. You've motivated me to run over to the Bunker Hill Costco and look for some ahi too!!
Get over there. Except for shrimp, ribs and pork butts which I get from HEB, I get all my stuff from Costco. Especially seafood- Ahi, lobster tails, salmon are all good there.
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->